Monday, December 23, 2013

A New Beginning

Well the one car for the family was just no longer working for use. My kids are now going to school and the wife finally got a job, I needed to be able to get to work myself. So all these new arrangements started a quest of epic Craigslist proportions and with very tight budget restraints I found this little diamond in the desert.
She is a 1999 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon. with a humongous 2.5L engine and five speed manual transmission this little red devil fit the bill. With the requirements of needing at least five seats decent gas mileage and not a completely destroyed interior. With an asking price of $1450 and a final price of $1200 after talking down the seller do to the windshield having more cracks than the San Andreas fault. Now you might be saying to yourself, self that's an amazing find. but wait here's the catch to this little desert flower. She has been driven to the ends of the earth. With the odometer reading a fat 281,000 miles. I was a little nervous but I have heard of the little 4cyl boxer motors lasting easily into the 350k rang I decided to take a walk on the scuby side.

No comments:

Post a Comment